Frequently Asked Questions
What is the school's official name?
- The name "Kindergarten Learning Center" has been adopted by the School Board of Highlands County.
Does the school have a playground and playground equipment?
- There is a playground and grass-covered physical education area for children to learn and play on.
How many students attend the Kindergarten Learning Center?
- Approximately 350 students will attend our school each year.
How many students per classroom?
- 18:1 student/teacher ratio.
Is there daycare offered at the KLC?
- Yes, there is after school daycare offered from the end of school until 5:45pm, Monday through Friday.
Is there a cafeteria at the KLC?
- Yes, students eat daily in the cafeteria. Breakfast and lunch are offered free to all students.
What special classes are offered during the day?
- Students participate in physical education every day and our computer lab is available for teachers at various times each week.
Do students have access to computers?
- Yes, each classroom is outfitted with at least four computer stations designated for student use, as well as an interactive SmartBoard with LCD projector to enhance learning. Each class has time in the computer lab twice a week.
How will I find out the name of my child's teacher?
- Class assignments will be available at the open house that takes pave the week before school begins.
When will I be able to meet my child's teacher and tour the classroom/school?
- Our orientation night will be held the week before school begins. We invite you to join us, and tour the facility.
What classroom supplies does my child need to bring to school?
- KLC supply list can be picked up during the summer at KLC and many local office supply and discount stores. This is also posted on our Web site.
If my child rides a school bus, how will I know his/her bus information?
- The transportation department will attend our open house, and will be able to give out specific route information then. They can also provide specific information at (863) 471-5763.
If I prefer to drop off and pick up my child from school, may I?
- Absolutely! Specific safety procedures for picking up and dropping off students will be addressed at Orientation Night. Click here for out traffic flow maps, and directions.
What has made the Kindergarten Learning Center a huge success?
- Dedicated teachers, caring staff members, eager children, and supportive families! We look forward to meeting you soon!